The Website and its Content is owned by Redhead Marketing, Inc. (“Company”, “we”, or “us”). The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of www.redheadmarketingin.com (“Website”).
- What data we have and why we have it.
- How we manage and encrypt our data.
- Who is responsible for our data.
- How we train our team.
- What we will do if the worst happens.
Redhead Marketing, Inc. needs to collect and use certain information about the people we come into contact with in order to carry out our work and serve our clients to the best of our ability. This personal information is collected and dealt with as set out in the GDPR. The data we collect and store is:
- First and last name so that we can address you personally in our communications and so that we can differentiate who is who using last names.
- Email address
- Physical address
- Telephone numbers
Redhead Marketing, Inc. is the Data Controller under the GDPR, which means that it determines what purposes personal information held and will be used for.
Redhead Marketing, Inc. does not share data with other agencies.
Redhead Marketing, Inc. intends to ensure that personal information is treated lawfully and correctly.
To this end, Redhead Marketing, Inc. will adhere to the Principles of Data Protection, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998.
Specifically, the Principles require that personal information:
- a) Shall be processed fairly and lawfully and, in particular, shall not be processed unless specific conditions are met,
- b) Shall be obtained only for one or more of the purposes specified in the Act, and shall not be processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes,
- c) Shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to those purpose(s)
- d) Shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date,
- e) Shall not be kept for longer than is necessary
- f) Shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under the Act,
- g) Shall be kept secure by the Data Controller who takes appropriate technical and other measures to prevent unauthorized or unlawful processing or accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal information,
- h) Shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the US.
Redhead Marketing, Inc. will, through appropriate management and strict application of criteria and controls:
- Observe fully conditions regarding the fair collection and use of information
- Meet its legal obligations to specify the purposes for which information is used
- Collect and process appropriate information, and only to the extent that it is needed to fulfill its operational needs or to comply with any legal requirements
- Ensure the quality of information used
- Ensure that the rights of people about whom information is held, can be fully exercised under the Act. These include:
- The right to be informed that processing is being undertaken,
- The right of access to one’s personal information
- The right to prevent processing in certain circumstances and
- The right to correct, rectify, block or erase information which is regarded as wrong information
- Take appropriate technical and organizational security measures to safeguard personal information.
- Treat people justly and fairly whatever their age, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation or ethnicity when dealing with requests for information
- Set out clear procedures for responding to requests for information
Informed consent is when
- An Individual/Service User clearly understands why their information is needed, who it will be shared with, the possible consequences of them agreeing or refusing the proposed use of the data
- And then gives their consent.
Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored by a user’s web browser on the hard drive of a user’s computer. Cookies can remember what information a user accesses on one web page to simplify subsequent interactions with that web site by the same user. Cookies are usually used to store information such as products you have clicked to add to your shopping cart. They also allow you to store your password without having to constantly re-enter it. The shopping cart cannot “tally” a total without using Cookies to remember what you have selected to purchase so far. Read our cookies policy here: https://redheadmarketinginc.com/cookies-policy/
Redhead Marketing, Inc. will ensure that data is collected within the boundaries defined in this policy. This applies to data that is collected in person, or by completing a form.
When collecting data, Redhead Marketing, Inc. will ensure that the Individual/Service User:
- Clearly understands why the information is needed
- Understands what it will be used for and what the consequences are should the Individual/Service User decide not to give consent to processing
- As far as reasonably possible, grants explicit consent, either written or verbal for data to be processed
- Is, as far as reasonably practicable, competent enough to give consent and has given so freely without any duress
- Has received sufficient information on why their data is needed and how it will be used
Information and records relating to service users will be stored securely and will only be accessible to authorized staff and volunteers.
Information will be stored for only as long as it is needed or required statute and will be disposed of appropriately.
It is Redhead Marketing, Inc. responsibility to ensure all personal and company data is non-recoverable from any computer system previously used within the organization, which has been passed on/sold to a third party.
Data access and accuracy
All Individuals/Service Users have the right to access the information Redhead Marketing, Inc. holds about them. Redhead Marketing, Inc. will also take reasonable steps ensure that this information is kept up to date by asking data subjects whether there have been any changes. Data can be accessed by visiting this page https://redheadmarketinginc.com/gdpr-request-personal-data/.
In addition, Redhead Marketing, Inc. will ensure that:
- It has a Data Protection Officer with specific responsibility for ensuring compliance with Data Protection
- Everyone processing personal information understands that they are contractually responsible for following good data protection practice
- Everyone processing personal information is appropriately trained to do so
- Everyone processing personal information is appropriately supervised
- Anybody wanting to make inquiries about handling personal information knows what to do
- It deals promptly and courteously with any inquiries about handling personal information
- It describes clearly how it handles personal information
- It will regularly review and audit the ways it hold, manage and use personal information
- It regularly assesses and evaluates its methods and performance in relation to handling personal information
- All staff are aware that a breach of the rules and procedures identified in this policy may lead to disciplinary action being taken against them.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Protecting the privacy of the minors is especially important. For that reason, we do not collect or store any information from anyone under 18 years of age in compliance with COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) and the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation of the EU). It is not our intention to offer products or services to minors. Therefore, our Website and its content is directed to individuals who are at least 18 years old or older.
Data Controller and Processors
We are the data controllers as we are collecting and using your Personal Data. We use trusted third parties as our data processors for technical and organizational purposes, including for payments and email marketing. We use reasonable efforts to make sure our data processors are GDPR- compliant. For more information, submit an inquiry here: https://redheadmarketinginc.com/contact.
This policy will be updated as necessary to reflect best practice in data management, security and control and to ensure compliance with any changes or amendments made to the Data Protection Act 1998.
Updated May 24, 2023