Ten Ways to Make Money with a WordPress Blog
I love WordPress! In fact, I have become somewhat of an expert on the subject, having taught hundreds of people how to start a wordpress blog and then starting my own WordPress Web Design Consulting Program. In fact, these days people hire me and my team to create wordpress blogs for them, mainly because they don’t have time to do it themselves.
One of the things that always concerns me is a smart entrepreneur’s lack of understanding about what they want to “sell” on their site. Some people of course, simply want an online brochure, but more often than not, my clients want something they can make money from. And the genre of companies and professions is all over the place. Making it a challenge for them to understand that you cannot simply put up a website and expect sales. There are things everyone must do. From the design and creation standpoint, make the site easy to navigate and not confusing. From the SEO standpoint, making the site search engine friendly, authoritative and unique.
Of course there are many other things that go into the creation of a wordpress website. Today I’d like to talk about ten ways to make money with wordpress. Once you read this it may help you decide exactly what type of site you want to create (or have a webmaster create) so you have a head start in monetizing your site.
In the book WordPress Cash Machine by Jason Keith, the author talks about 50 ways to make money with your wordpress blog. Here are 10 ways:
- Blog for cash. WordPress was originally designed as a blogging platform until people started noticing it was good for web design too. Many people blog for cash. They are authorities on a topic and share their expertise in the form of how to’s, stories and more. The write frequently (at least daily and sometimes several times a day)
- Product reviews. Many successful wordpress websites are product review sites. They make money when someone buys the product from their site (as an affiliate).
- Sales Letters and Squeeze Pages – Online marketers use these formats to sell what they have created (as well as other peoples digital merchandise.
- Group buying websites – two examples are Groupon and Living Social. If you have not heard of or bought from these websites before I recommend you check them out. You can save money and go to school on them at the same time.
- Niche Directories – If you are a Realtor and want to set up a real estate directory listing all the real estate firms in your community, city, county or state, you have a good chance of finding willing, qualified buyers who want to list their businesses with you.
- Event Directories and Portals – same as above. Build an event directory of business networking events in your community. Sell advertising on the site. Make money.
- Classified Ad Sites – host a site that sells classified ads.
- Article Directory Sites – while Google has shunned many of the article directory sites for duplicate content, you could design one that allows people to post their unique articles to your site so you don’t get penalized by the search engines.
- Press release directories – these sites are often considered “authority” sites and house news from around the globe. You could start a niche press release directory only hosting press releases of a certain type, genre, ethnicity or gender.
- Online news/magazine sites -think Huffington Post. One of the most respected news sites that was not associated with any network or newspaper conglomerate. Lots of traffic, lots of revenue and sold for millions!
These are just ten ways of the 50 ways to make money with a wordpress blog. That means there are 40 more in the WordPress Cash Machines book. And each idea has an OVERVIEW of the topic, a description of the OPPORTUNITY it can bring, and HOW TO GET STARTED with helpful links added at the end of each strategy.
By the way, you can buy WordPress Cash Machines for only $7 thru April 30th (regular price $47)! Click the BUY NOW button to place your order (you will receive a direct link to the ebook once you place your order)
Just about every type of Internet Marketer will pickup an idea or two in WordPress Cash Machines. It doesn’t matter if you’re a complete newbie or a seasoned marketer, you will pickup new ideas in this book.
There are blueprints for success not matter what you focus on. We’ve got topics covered for:
Affiliate Marketers – Learn Several Surefire Ways to Generate Affiliate Income with WP
AdSense Marketers – Many unique ways to make AdSense income generating WordPress sites.
Product Creators – How to leverage WordPress to promote AND Sell Your Products.
WordPress Experts – Exciting Ways to Cash-in On Your WordPress Expertise
Offline Marketers – Ideas on How to Profit from WordPress with Your Offline Customers!
If you can’t find a new money making idea, then simply ask for your money back. You are fully covered under a 30-day, NO QUESTIONS ASKED money back guarantee.
I am really excited about this product. I think it will help a lot of people get started with their online businesses. .
I’m offering very special limited time pricing on WordPress Cash Machines.
The normal price is $47.00. However, if you buy today you get it for just $7.00!
Click below to grab your copy.
Heidi Richards Mooney is the Publisher and Editor-in-Chief of WE Magazine for Women, a WordPress Web Designer, the author of a dozen books and a social media consultant and trainer. Heidi has interviewed hundreds of experts on Social Media Around the World. In 2003 Heidi was named one of 50 women shaping the Internet by the International Virtual Women’s Chamber of Commerce. In 2009 she was named a Twitter Woman to Follow by Only2Clicks.com. She works with solopreneurs, professionals and small businesses in ecommerce, direct sales and retail. Follow Heidi on Google Plus