6 Article Writing Tips To Get Your Articles Read
Are you one of those people who avoid having to write papers or articles no matter how important they might be to the success of your business, your website, your blog? But you also know that writing articles can ad value to your online presence as well as build you and your business’s credibility.
Creating a good article need not be that difficult or even time-consuming. Once you get the hang of it, writing articles can be fun or at the very least satisfying.
To make sure that your articles get read and enjoyed, here are six tips to article writing with ease. These tips will also increase the likelihood that your articles are interesting and worth reading in the first place.
1) Use short paragraphs. When the paragraph are very long, the words get jumbled in the mind of the reader just looking at it can get quite confusing and feel too much like a chore to read. The reader will just quickly disregard the paragraph and move on to much easier reading articles that are visually appealing.. Paragraphs could be a single sentence, sometimes even a single word!
2) Make use of numbers or bullets. As each point is stressed out, numbers and bullets can quickly make the point easy to remember and digest. As each point, tip, guide or method is started with a bullet or point, readers will know that this is where the tips start and getting stressed. Format you bullets and numbers with indentations so that your article won’t look like a single block of square paragraphs. Add a little bit of flair and pizzazz to your articles shape. Bullet points, calling out sentences, creating quotes from important points in your article, making text bold, italicized all add to creating more interest.
3) Use sub-headings to break up your paragraphs on the page. Doing this makes the article easier to read, because breaking down each section into smaller break, more focused points, helps the reader to digest the information without having to read and then reread the paragraph or section over and over again. It also makes it easy for the reader to move on from one point to another; the transition becomes more smooth and easy. This ensures you keep your reader’s attention and keep the flow of the article moving in the right direction. One with a clear path to follow.
4) Provide an attention-grabbing title or headline. One that supports the content and makes your audience WANT to read the article. If your title can pique a person’s curiosity you’re already halfway to your end-goal. Use statements and questions weaving in keywords that people are looking for. Provide titles or headers that describe your articles content but are also short and concise.
Use titles like, “Tips to get your teen to talk to you”, or “How to excite your husband when you walk in a room” .You could also use titles that can command people, for example, “Make your website reach page one on Google in six easy Steps”. These types of titles appeal to a persons’ emotions and makes them interested.
5) Keep them interested from start to the finish. Starting with your opening paragraph, use real life situations that the reader can relate to. Use descriptions and metaphors to illustrate your main points, being careful not to over do it. Help them imagine the scenario with word pictures and graphic descriptions they understand.
6) Use facts, statistics and numeric examples in your article writing. Using specific facts and figures can raise the credibility level of your article writing, giving the reader a reason to read more. Be careful not to make it too formal, you want your reader to get worked up, to feel a part of the article, to believe in you, to imagine the possibilities the article demonstrates, to want to read more.
For more information about being a better writer and published author, check out my Author Marketing Mastermind here: http://heidirichards.com/author-marketing-mastermind/